Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

So, I'm going to Paris...

I am lucky, I have to say.
Last year I was a committee member for the conference that was (originally going to be in Cape Town) in Athens.
As a result from the previous participation, two weeks ago I received a contact from ESOMAR noting that they'd like me to participate in the Qualitative Conference 2007 in Paris.
It took a lot of convincing to make my company let me go again this year (this being my 4th participation), but the additional responsibility as a chairperson that I will have to bear somehow sealed the deal.

I am very lucky this rare opportunity comes by. It is a lot of work, but it will be a brand new challenge and thus it'll make me feel alive again.

So, hello to friends in Paris, make sure you're in town around November 12-14, let's have a good time. (Yes, I am talking to you, Henrike! And you, Patrycja! And you, Montchan, just in case you want to coincide your annual shopping trip to Paris around that time!)


Image was excerpted from "Ratatouille"

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... count me in :p heheheheh

long time no see :) Goyo told me about this blog. It's simply nice :D

May 24, 2007 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger femmy said...

so cool. and how long are you going to be there? only for the conference or you'll do some sightseeing before/after/during the event?

May 25, 2007 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

wiku - long time no see indeed! Are you still in Singapore? Hehehe... itu adikku mbok diajak jalan2 anak ngrumahan terus deh dia.

femmy - will be there for about a week I think. During the 3 days I'll be indoors for the conference anyway, it really makes no difference whatsoever to be in Paris or in Zimbabwe for that matter. Per usual, I'll extend a couple of days for visiting friends in the city. Might go to the Louvre again, last time I only had 2 hours to spend there.

May 25, 2007 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger femmy said...

It's great that you can do that. Way cool. I've been to some meetings and conferences, and they're always packed with sessions and you always return to your room exhausted and never get to do anything, unless of course you skip sessions or extend your stay.

I have my eye on the FIT World Congress, but have to save some money first though, to able to go (hiks... nasib jadi freelancer...)

May 25, 2007 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger m said...

yes, I will be there. Just give me the exact dates.
:)

May 26, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home