Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

One fine day...

Another one fine day. It is at the moment 27C. Hellllooooo? It is Summer already now. Global warming at its peak, yeah. Yesterday it was 16C, and today it is 27C, and tomorrow is forecasted to be 17C. Global warming is the only explanation...

Today and tomorrow I am taking a couple of days off. Why, of course because I have 8 days worth taking altogether, and if I don't take them it will expire in a month time. So, I just simply think it is stupid not to use my comp days.

Unable to score an appointment with the dentist, the morning suddenly became available. Since my hamstrings are still sore, I decided to go to the gym rather than going to the park to jog. Besides, it is 27C, chances of fainting under the sun at 10 AM is quite high.
There was this aerobic class that I've been wanting to join, and it will be in an air-conditioned room.
The gym I'm commuting to is a chain that is available in different corners of Tokyo (and Japan). For convenience reasons (less people, closer to work, timely studio classes), I've been going to the one in Omotesando. Today, however, looking at the schedule the gym's HQ in Harajuku has a better class at 10:30 AM.
Got there at 10:20, running amok to the elevator to get to the class on time, only to be very puzzled to see the elevator's arrangement has changed. In fact, EVERYTHING have changed on that building. It seems now they are ruling all floors of the fancy glass building, except for 1st and 2nd floor, which is occupied by a stubborn boutique. Funny what 4 months renewal project did.

Back to the elevator... I honestly think their elevator arrangement is very stupid. They have two elevators, but only 1 that is functional to bring the gym members to the reception which is (now) on the 4th floor. For some oblivious reason, the elevator was stuck on one floor and never came down. Having waited 5 minutes, I grew restless, shouldn't there be stairs or something? Of course there is no other way, you have to be on that darned elevator.

Finally, the elevator came, and brought us up to the new reception floor, which is on the 4th floor. Now all lockers and showers and cross training machines are on the 4th floor. I became very confused... Did the studio move? If it didn't then how are we supposed to go to the 3rd floor? If it did, then where, there was no clear sign where everything was.
Asked the helpful lady, and she pointed a labyrinth like passage way to bring me to yet another elevator. "You need to go to the 3rd floor with an elevator, but hurry the class is starting like now."
The elevator came 2 minutes after they repaired it (some reconstruction was going on as I was waiting for it). Honestly, didn't anybody think of putting a flight of stairs to connect 3rd floor and 4th floor, to save anybody's anxiety and sanity? It is afterall a GYM. Taking a flight of stairs will give an extra workout, and that's good, no?
Oh well, the renewal is actually a good thing, though. The gym has become more spacious and you have more machines to use.

After the gym, I took a bike ride around Yoyogi and just going in and out of the small streets. The trees are now so lush and green, and it's blissfully empty, what big contrast to the Golden Week time where thousands of people seemed to choose my neighborhood as a hangout place and that's just bloody annoying.

Home again, now, after the refreshing shower I'm now going to eat some... grapefruits. Might cool me down a little. It is still May, so I don't allow myself to turn on the AC just yet.

Hmmmn, 2 more hours until I have to get ready to go to Carlos' thing. This will be good, I think this is his first time to have a concert at NHK Hall. So tonight, he's going to have the first concert for his new exploration of Gedo Senki (Tales from Earthsea)'s tunes. This album is called "Melodies Inspired by the movie: Gedo Senki". The album itself goes quite quickly, 10 songs, altogether only about 35 minutes. So for the remaining 1 hour, I am curious whether Carlos is going to showcase the entire soundtrack (which is not from the album), or he's going to do his own thing - considering the fact that the rest of his band are here, too. I hope for the latter. We shall see.

Okie dokes... off for my grapefruits now!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger femmy said...

This reminds me of the BEC; did you ever get to shop there while you were still in Bandung? It takes forever to get to one floor to another, with the escalators scattered all over the building with no logic or reason behind the placements. You might end up wasting precious minutes looking for an escalator that turns out isn't there at all. Ugh.

Curious about the concert. I'll look forward to reading your post about that. Perhaps I should dig out my Earthsea novel, which should be in the house somewhere.

May 9, 2007 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

I am happy that I have never been to BEC yet. I passed it in December and I was sooooo turned off looking at the line of people going into the complex.

The concert is already reviewed. Enjoy!

May 14, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home