Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Dusk gives me the creeps...

For the record: I hate dusk. Especially on a clear day. To be fair, though, I love watching the sunset, but I do hate dusk. I hate dusk as much as I hate mayonnaise. It always feels so creepy when the day suddenly becomes dark and grey and somber. It feels like there is an evil waiting to come up and jump right at you.

Today has been an odd day. For a mixture of reasons, I am feeling very blue and lonely. And this odd feeling has been creeping into me since Thursday. It's really odd. And when the sunlight is gone, it keeps on getting heavier and heavier, suffocating.

I am blaming all this to the fact that I finish watching 24 season 5. There is nothing thrilling enough since then to watch after that.

Today, in attempt to terminate my bluesiness, I have done the following:

1. Tend to a friend's SOS call at 8:30 am about a brand new laptop which died after being spilled with wine

2. Rang my gleeful parents to have a bit of a chat and scored a curry recipe from mum. Couldn't help myself but laugh at darling daddy's indiosyncratic remarks, but a phone call had to end at some point...

3. Cooked the curried beef that mum advised on

4. Still blue, I started cooking a banana cake

5. Turned the TV on and tried to watch CSI: New York... Man, that show is nothing like CSI: Las Vegas. Gary Sinise's part as Detective Mac Taylor seems to be too somber. In fact the entire thing feels very somber. But maybe I should stop comparing him with William Petersen's Gil Grissom. I could stand 3 episodes and started scanning for other channels.

6. Found something on "Super Drama" Channel! They are having this ER galore screening since last week, I noticed. They broadcast 10 episodes a day, between noon to 9 PM.

....

After 3 episodes... I still feel blue.

7. So I picked up my flute and started playing this song that sensei came up with for the collabotation piece for our annual performance in Sado island this Summer. After an hour, I started to lose some oxygen and became lightheaded, so I had to stop.

8. I put on my running shoes for a jog, only to realize that I pulled my hamstrings yesterday and it feels very painful to go on jogging with it. So I walked around and explored around instead.

9. Now it's 7:15 pm, on a Saturday night. Just sent an e-mail to a friend that I'm not up for a night out. It's really strange, but I'm feeling very asocial right now...
So, what's next...

VOILA!
I think I finally found something that might take my mind off this bluesiness. I just switched on my work laptop. Yeah, that's what I'll do, getting a head start on that report that's due on May 11.

Jeezh, this is getting a little pathetic. I was sick of work before the Golden Week, and then I come running back to it because of the Golden Week.

I'm telling you, it's all the dusk.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger m said...

so where's that curried beef recipe? I'm hungry! And I'm making chocolate cake...

Oh, and I HATE CSI:NY! Ugh! what a waste of money.

last night I watched CSI:LV. One of the classic episodes, the one where they return to Lady Heather's dominion. Damn, I wish Grissom would get it on with the sexy dominatrix.

And 24??? My supply of 24 dried out (it came from merex), and I am seriously contemplating BUYING it all. How pathetic is that???

And is it true that Alexander Siddig will be in season 7??? I "heart" that man!!!!

May 6, 2007 at 3:54 AM  
Blogger hijau said...

- laptop baru?? mmm si Tony dipecat nih?

- CSI:NY memang sangat mengesalkan. Terlalu gloomy. Btw seri ini jauh lebih membaik di season 3. Sudah coba CSI:Miami?? Jauh lebih baik. Horation Caine benar2 menyaingi Grissom!!

- I don't know, Somehow I'm so familiar with this feeling. Tapi kalo aku bukan karena dusk. Grey/dark weather is my favorite one. Mungkin karena being single terlalu lama. Hahahaha...

- Work as the cure? On Golden week? Oh yeah...it's a bit pathetic. Hahahaha...
Setidaknya kamu masih bisa bikin masakan enak! Cheers!

May 6, 2007 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Montchan - OK, I will post the beef curry recipe later. It was very tasty! yummmy. My Mamma is a wonderful cook!
And, I thought Grissom got it on with Lady Heather in one of the seasons... I prefer her to Sara Sidel, to be honest. I mean I prefere her to be Grissom's companion than Sara Sidel.
On 24 - heheheh, I own ALL OF THEM, now waiting impatiently for Season 6 to come out on DVD so I can buy it. And Alexander Siddiq is in season 6, my dear. I don't think they start making season 7 just yet.

hijau - si Tony Mac baik2 aja lagi. Yang rusak itu komputernya temen gua, Dod.
Gua gak yakin bakalan sabar nontonin CSI:NY sampe season 3, dark banget. Waktu itu orang2nya CSI:Miami kan ketemuan dengan orang2 CSI:LV, dan gua emang seneng sama Horation Caine. Jadi sekarang mau mulai nontonin yang Miami ah.
On Dusk - yeah, I do not like dark weather, especially dusk. Sumber tenaga gua itu cahaya matahari, Dod, solar system gitu. hehehe. Jadi agak2 parno sama twilight zone.

May 7, 2007 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger femmy said...

I know the feeling. It seems that finishing a great book or a great series always leave you feeling empty, just like you've lost a best friend. Sucked your energy to enjoy other books/series as they always pale in comparison. Been there.

And... you hate mayonnaise? But it's so yummy! Funny stuff about the flute and the jog.

Aku kok ngga terlalu suka yah sama Horatio Caine. Ngomongnya terlalu lambat dan berat, kesannya sok penting gitu. CSI:LV emang paling top. Kayaknya yang paling lucu deh di antara semua. Plenty of hilarious quips from the characters.

May 7, 2007 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

femmy - mayonnaise is the spookiest tasting cream i have ever allow myself to swallow. you can't even call it cream because it's not. you can't call it mousse, because it's not, you can't call it liquid, because it's not.
it is very high in calorie and has no positive nutritional value. and if you have lived in japan for as long as i have been living, you will be very annoyed with the fact that they put mayonnaise on EVERYTHING in this country.

and CSI:LV rocks!!!! it's funny I've been following the ER gallore and found Jorja Fox and George Eads there, too. character recycling. haha.

May 7, 2007 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger femmy said...

They put mayonnaise on everything? Yum-yum! I might have to consider moving to Japan. But maybe no. My hubby hates mayo, too. We're the poster couple for the song "Keju dan Singkong" (remember that song?).

May 7, 2007 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Edward J. Taylor said...

Hi Tari,

Just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying this blog. I'm a part-time Taiko player, living in Kyoto. I also go to Sado/EC every year, as a translator, etc. I really recommend the Miyake workshop, if you have time.

Let me know when you guys are playing out there. I'd love to see your group...

Ted

May 8, 2007 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Hello Ted,

Thanks so much for the kind words! It's always nice to receive a contact from fellow taiko player. Yes we are going to be at EC again this year. You go as a translator? For the musicians? or for the entire EC arrangement?
Thanks for the tip, too. I've been wanting to try out the Miyake workshop, so will definitely register myself ahead of time this year.
We don't know yet when our performance time would be, but when we do, I will put it up on the blog. How about you, are you going to perform there this year, too?

Tari

May 8, 2007 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger m said...

Tari,
I am just soo impatient for a new season of 24, that's all. I think this year Mr. M will get at least a few seasons for hsi birthday - May 26, hehehe. I can't watch it on normal TV, because they show it either out of sequence or decide to take a 6 month long break in the middle.
And I hear ya on Sara Sidle, I can't stand her character. She's too butch.

May 8, 2007 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Montchan, nothing beats watching 24 in highly consecutive sitting. Friend of mine one time did 24 hours exactly, he was curious to see how tired Jack gets. I wouldn't do that, because that means you're saying bye bye to Jack to soon. hehehe. I'd do... 4 days.

Sara Sidle speaks funny, too. She is very strange.

May 9, 2007 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger femmy said...

montchan,

They show it out of sequence? What a cruel, cruel TV people you have over there. That would ruin the story! *shaking head*

May 9, 2007 at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home