Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Monthly Fix

Nothing beats the happiness I'm feeling since this morning when I woke up. The ghastly 13 days project marathon period is finally over and I have a week of life in slow motion.
Today I cleared out my agenda and see what fun things I am going to see and experience in the coming days.

March 30
I'm going to the circus! Circus circus circus!!! No animal (yeah!!) but many many many boneless people.
Thanks to dearest MirPir, I am going to see the cirque!! Cirque du Soleil's Dralion, here I come!!!!! MirPir has kindly setup a very good seat for me in front of the stage. I'm soooo excited!!!

April 12

Taiko drumming performance in Roppongi, right by my office. This time it is a drummer called "Juraku Chikushi".
This would be interesting. They claim to be bringing together East and West, where wadaiko (Japanese taiko drum), piano, djembe and sakuhachi blend into a piece of music.
I have never heard of Chikushi Juraku nor his team Kinjishitaiko before, but I am very much looking forward to see their stage.

May 9
I'm going to see an old friend. Carlos Nuñez (Galician bagpipe/ gaita) is going to be in town performing with his band and performed with Japanese acomplished musician and composer Ryuichi Sakamoto actually earlier in April, but on May 9 he will be performing at NHK Hall again showcasing his works with Studio Ghibli production "Tales from Earthsea". This will definitely be exquisite! Haven't seen him in about a year, it's about time to catch up indeed.

and finally....

June 10
The Chieftains are gonna be here! Got the tix, paid the fees, scored the seats lassies and lads!!! Paddy Moloney, Matt Molloy, Sean Keane and Kevin Conneff are going to be here in flesh. I am bursting with joy just thinking about this concert.

All in all, I'm feeling content to think that I'm all set 'till June for my monthly music fix.

Fun!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger femmy said...

sounds like a lot of fun! can i come with?

March 26, 2007 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger m said...

How was the circus??? How was the circus???

March 31, 2007 at 3:51 AM  
Blogger Genilimaa said...

Circus without animals, that I could totally go to! Or maybe not, I have always been very uncomfortable with watching live performances (don't know why, probably not related to the performances at all. More of an irrational phobia!).

My Man has many many albums with Ryuichi Sakamoto, probably because of his earlier collaborations with David Sylvian who is somewhat of a house god around here.

March 31, 2007 at 3:58 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

To all of you - the circus was very very cool! MirPir got me the best seat I've ever been on in my entire life at a Cirque du Soleil performance. It was right in the dead center in front of the stage. I can actually touch the stage from my seat.
Let me tell you right now, it was quite a very different perspective to see everything up close and personal, you learn the tricks and be fully aware that you should never try that at home! hahaha.
Pretty freakin' amazing!

Ryuichi Sakamoto has really good work, so I'm looking forward to see his collaboration at Carlos's concert. Carlos is always a very lively virtuoso when performing. An exuberant exhibitionist who is always 100% consumed in his own work. Brilliant!

April 3, 2007 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home