Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Little Miss Grumpy Meets Tokyo Cab Driver

Yikes! I'm in that zone again!

Let me tell you a news flash: I am exhausted.

I came back on Monday evening, got into my house at 8:10 pm and went straight to work the following day. I am on an insanely unforgiving schedule from Tuesday March 13, everyday, until March 25th.
Since Wednesday I have been giving in and catching a cab home every night, because it is 4C outside, windy, dark... and with exhaustion and jetlag up my sleeves, I'm just a tad concerned that if I jump onto my bicycle - what guarantee do I have to prevent this from happening again.

With that rationale, I took a cab home tonight, again. I told the cabbie where to go, and the 20 minutes ride to my house felt like a day. Said cabbie was ever soooooo unsure about the route of which she should have taken. She confirm where to go at every minute, everytime we pass a trafic light, she would reconfirm again, so that's every half minute. *AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH*
Halfway, I was so close to stopping the car and either walk home or catch another cab; I was suddenly reminded on how bloody cold it is tonight, I decided to be patient a bit more.
Restless, I noticed that the cab has got a really swanky GPS navigation system, why it was set to monitor the machine - beats me! No wonder she had to confirm her direction all the time. If only she'd press the button where she discovers that the fancy machine is supposed to help her...
When she sped through at the traffic light where I requested her to take a right at - I finally lost my patience. I got out of the cab and walked home. Lucky I was already close enough and it took only 5 minutes walk.

Really, what on earth is wrong with all Tokyo cabbies? They never knew where to go. And they're not even trying to camouflage their obliviousness to the streets of Tokyo. When you say, "Take me here, whichever route that is quickest." Then they will start discussing the million possible routes with the meter running. I am so NOT impressed.
Except last night's cabbie. He brought me to the corner of my street with no question asked. Maybe because I was already half asleep and never bothered to answer his questions. Nonetheless, I cherished the ride.

Man, I am grumpy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it mean that cab drivers in Jakarta is better than ones in Tokyo? hehehe...

March 17, 2007 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Goio - I guess so!!

March 20, 2007 at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home