Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Yo-Yo Ma

A long time admirer of Yo-Yo Ma's work, I was a little skeptical when my sister gave me an album of his work, "The Cello Suites Inspired by Bach". My reason being is simply listening to unaccompanied cello suites can give you funny effects, and usually on the darker side.
Which is why it took me 5 months until I finally get to this CD.

This morning, waking up with a resfreshed mind, I was thirsty for a new music. And having seen "Memoirs of a Geisha" kept on being replayed on my cable TV these past few weeks, I began to think of the Yo-Yo Ma CD.



I put it on. And it was... magic.

My favorite piece will always be The Cello Suite #1 in G BWV 1007 - Prelude. It has a very positive energy. The first few notes started and you will be magically transported to a land where time stands still and you can reflect, think and be at ease.

Moving right along, the suite progressed into the escalated tempo Allemande, Courante, Sarabande, Menuetto and finally Gigue. It was a wholesome piece.

In my opinion, Ma is an exceptionally accomplished musician. He's got the flair in introducing the positivity of any tune he plays, regardless how dark the piece is meant to be. What I'm trying to say here is, he plays from the heart that even though the tune is sad, he excells in helping you understand the emotion in the piece, without leaving you depressed afterwards.

Yo-Yo Ma, I salute you!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Beni Suryadi said...

aku juga pernah dengar mbak..
kaga ngarti =D

May 1, 2007 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home