Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The light!!! I see it!!!

I do have to remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Last week was by far the hardest period that I had to go through in my professional history. Taking in a criticism is not easy, especially when it came as an explosion out of nowhere (my point of view, of course) and resulted in a massive shock.
I kept on thinking that I don't want to give up, but then... maybe I should?

One of the things that kept me going was something a dear friend pointed out to me during this time, "Tari, you love your job, and because you enjoy doing what you do - it seems like you're having fun and it seems that what you do is easy. This is why you are at a very prone position to be misunderstood. I am Japanese and I love my job, but I also know that I am a rare case. You have to realize that only few people actually do, especially in Japan. Here people live to work, not the other way around. This is sad, but this is the reality."

Last week I thought that I have to give up Japan, but of course that was emotion talking.
Finally after talking this through with several mentors and thinking this through myself, I'm beginning to see the light.
As much as it hurts, from this point forward it can only get better. When you are at the bottom, there is no where to go but up!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger hijau said...

Wow, syukurlah kamu tidak berkesimpulan untuk menyerah, Tar! You know what?? Setiap aku mendengar Jepang yang aku inget pasti kamu dan kepintaran dan kesupelanmu. Dan aku tidak berlebihan!

Come on, Tari dan Giving up don't match together :)

Chayo Tari!!!!

April 20, 2007 at 11:56 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Dod. It means a lot. :)

April 23, 2007 at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home