Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Festival weekend

Truth be told, I am extremely exhausted.

The weekend had been quite festive. Lunched with Viscount A at the glorious Le Gaulois. One of the finest meal that I've ever had in Tokyo. Glad we made that trip. And they never stop giving you extra bread. Wonderful meal. It is quickly getting into our Tuesday dinner list of restaurants. (And the good news is, their official day-off is on Mondays).
Saw O.Div. for dinner at one of my favorite neighborhood restaurant Fungo. Been feeling a little guilty for not having been there yet in almost 5 months. They have their Porcini mushroom risotto that is to die for. Exquisite. It was lovely to catch up and just chatted the evening away.

Today, went to drumming per usual. We did the nidan uchi again. Got my knuckles relatively injured today a couple of times by my drumming partner. Hang on, let me find a picture of us doing this particular arrangement. You'd see how drumming can be murderous.


Pardon the quality, but this image was cropped from a practice video

The weekend was closed by visiting the Asakusa Sanja festival, with Ms. Bicky, James and Jess. It was very nice to be in the sun for a long time and ate food from the street vendors (I had takoyaki and yakitori, chatted the afternoon away while watching people in their fundoshi. To be quite honest, from a spectator's point of view, watching people carelessly displaying their butt-cheeks in public could be quite disturbing, but it could be a trauma I am having after (finally) watching Borat. Brrrh....
Nonetheless, the festival was fun, and the dinner with good company at a very cool izakaya in Shimokitazawa was the perfect ending of this seemingly culinary week.

And tomorrow is Monday. All of the sudden I'm not so happy anymore...

I'm just going to roll into bed now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home