Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I've got my eyes set on this one...


Yamaha C-40R

Yeah. I need to go get myself one of this baby.
After a relatively long absence, I just spent an hour with my Takamine PT-108. After this long stressful week at work, this served as a much needed break.
A brilliant session, yes, but the steel strings butchered my fingers. Sure, this baby is good for performances, which was the sole reason why I got it in the first place. Since the band split a couple years ago, however, I don't see why I should continue bearing the pain of steel strings. Now I begin to remember why I haven't touched the guitar in nearly a year...

Nylon strings and classical guitar, that's the way to go! Must make a stop at Shimokura in Ochanomizu on Friday, no doubt.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger femmy said...

Yeah, I love those nylon strings. Easy on the fingers!

And this reminds me, I haven't played the piano for quite a while. My nephew and his grandpa played around with it and ever since then, whenever I hit the D key, it plays both D and Dis :-P

May 23, 2007 at 1:36 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Hey, I didn't know you play the guitar as well! Nice! Oh, you need to get the piano tuned so you can play it again. I thought you played the keyboard and not the piano, though... haha. Funny what 20 years did to one's memory.

May 23, 2007 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger femmy said...

Well, my love affair with the guitar was only a brief one. I forgot what ended it, though.

I'll probably get the piano tuned after I move to the new house (though who knows when *that* would happen). Your memory is just fine, I took organ lessons as a child, but later on I fell in love with the piano. The keyboard just doesn't have the same charm.

May 23, 2007 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Right before I left for my exchange program, I gave my guitar with nylon strings and all to my brother back in 1993, and have never seen it again since. I got some substitute guitar for a few years, but then I had to give that up as well as they are not mine, until I bought the Takamine.

As for a piano, I am planning to get one for my birthday, just an electric one so it won't be intrusive to the neighbors. I have always been a piano girl since 2nd grade, but when presented with the choice to buy an organ or a piano, I chose the organ (because it's funky to have two layers), but then the darned thing doesn't have enough layers on it, so I couldn't explore on that. And then my parents refused to buy me another piano for that mistake.
See, never ask a 7 year old to make a thousand dollar decision!

May 23, 2007 at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home