Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

From Bandung with Love

So, I've been home for almost a week now.

The Recount:

It actually had been kind of odd. I had known for a little over a week that I would be visiting the family for a little over 2 weeks. Because of the insane workload, the prospect of 17 days for doing nothing had seemed almost like an impossible thing that I neglected to prepare for it and or even get excited about it until I was actually at the airport waiting for my flight home. In effect, I forgot to go shopping for gifts for my loved ones. Well, they just have to be happy to have me at home, that's the gift.

So... I'm here, finally. It's been so great not to be doing anything nor have any concerns in the world and to be listening to news in Indonesian.
When TV programs in Japan always evolve around food, TV shows in Indonesia is an abundant collection of celebrity news and talk shows. We even have Oprah on TV. It's very interesting.

Haven't done or had anything dramatic at all in the past 6 days. I've been sleeping in, a lot. And for a change I'm listening to noises at home that I don't personally create, such as domestic arguments between members of the family, in a really odd way, it gives a feeling of contentment.
My favorite afternoon time is bugging my snoozer of a sister to hop in the car and patrol some local food vendors around the town and balloon ourselves up with many different kind of local delicacies.

We've decided that our annual homecoming will embrace the usual culinary theme. Everyday we will eat the food that is 1) unavailable in our resident locations, 2) a lot of hassle to make, 3) cost next to nothing to buy.
Our daily agenda evolves around food. It's the best thing in the world.

Since we cancelled our trip to Bali, we won't be visiting any 'exotic' destination. The locale will be some places or restaurants in the area.. so for the remaining 11 days, my entries will be, just like the theme of the visit, on food.

So, next in our agenda: Mum's birthday yesterday right on Boxing day. We had a small party inviting our North Carolina neighbors. We will be discussing the food we consumed at the party. They were awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Sounds like a wonderful time...relaxing and fun. Great for you!

January 2, 2007 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Genilimaa said...

I just spent 11 days in the house from the dark ages, while you get to go to a modern house with Internet access?! This is so unfair!

Hope you've had a great time. Best wishes fo the new year.

January 3, 2007 at 4:05 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Hello Ladies, thanks for the visit. I had a great relaxing visit home. I am ready to go back to work now. See you in the next entries.

January 10, 2007 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home