Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Practical Knowledge: How to Remove Red Wine Stain

(A tribute for Super Odaiko Div)

1. Treat the stain while it's still fresh
2. Put salt on the affected area
3. Pour some white vinegar over the affected area
4. Let it sit for 1 minute
5. Bring it to hot water, pour some detergent and scrub it off with a brush
6. Launder it
7. VOILA!

So, last night for dinner ODiv brought over a very nice bottle of South Australian Shiraz Cabernet. After dinner ODiv started working on her notes for a job this weekend on the computer, while I positioned myself nicely on my plush white-beige couch, setting up Tony Mac on full volume and inserted "Monk" DVD and was going to call it a night when there was a message from my sister asking me to call.

I picked up the phone and started chatting with Zurich for about 30 minutes trying to finalize down our Bali getaway next month. Chit-here-sip the wine-chat-there-haha-here-sip the wine-haha-there. Finally all details summed and I put down the phone, put down my wine glass on the coffee table, and I got up to get a notepad to write down the details for Bali.

As I was walking towards my stationery cabinet, we heard a loud thump *CRASH* and we turned around towards the source of the noise only to discover my precious RIEDEL shattered into a million pieces and there was a giant red spot all over the beautiful white couch and all over the carpet.
I looked in disbelieve and screamed, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
ODiv immediately jumped from her chair and yelled, "get some salt!!!"
While I was standing powerless, I saw ODiv moved about the surgical area (it seriously looked as if a dog has been murdered, blood EVERYWHERE). She went here, salt-salt-salt, there salt-salt-salt, and then here again salt-salt-salt, and then said, "do you have some vinegar?"

She did every step listed above very correctly and quickly, might I add, she's very affluent in taking care of everything - and my beautiful white couch is saved from it's doomsday.
After everything is over, I asked her... "I'm very impressed on how you handled everything. How do you know what to do in so little time?"
ODiv said, "Well, it's not my first time. Everything is gonna be OK..."

ps: thanks Bongle, for taking care of everything and for putting up with my foul mood last night.


ODiv and me on the beautiful white couch before the accident

6 Comments:

Blogger Genilimaa said...

This is why I'm thinking we should get a bright red or cerise sofa for our living room! Or maybe I should bring my cup of tea+milk to the store and find the exact match..

November 17, 2006 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Hi Gen,
That's the way to do it!!! I bet Bo Concept has it. I chose my white/beige couch from 36 color options (inclusive of the 18 shades of beige alone!)

November 19, 2006 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Wow, that's good stuff to know. Thanks for sharing.

November 21, 2006 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Bishop Rick said...

SML,

You haven't had a drink yet (or have you?) In case you haven't noticed, I follow you everywhere.

Hi Tari, good to meet you.

November 21, 2006 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Bishop, in case YOU haven't noticed, I like when you follow me everywhere.

I may post about my recent first drink experience. Probably today even!

Tari, Bishop is a nice guy. Funny too.

November 23, 2006 at 3:34 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Hello Bishop, hello again Lisa.
I look forward to read your recent first drink experience.

And Bishop, you sound funny, so come and play again! :)

November 24, 2006 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home