Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday blues...

Well, my elbow is still broken, but the days haven't been unbearable.
Not sure how I was going to get by my days without Odaiko Div's invaluable unconditional care, I just want to express my gratitude properly. Thank you, very much.

So, just to update, the big report has been finished and has been submitted.
Champagne and baloons are out in celebration.

It's not 8 pm, and that Sunday blues just kicked in. To be honest, I had a truly fantastic weekend. Yesterday after having a slow morning, me and Odaiko Div went to have some crepes at my little tucked away secret creperie Au temp Jadis. Later on AnnieBananie showed up and we had a storm of a girl's night. Very relaxing and giggly. And we consumed waaaay too much chocolate. Too much.
And today we spent the entire afternoon with a boat ride to Hamarikyu garden. After that a park afternoon with two adorable babies and their parents. The babies were crawling everywhere and one of them even found my cast super amusing to be a hitting partner.

However, as the day winds down, I can't keep my blues away thinking of a sad morning.

Got up at 9. AnnBan and ODiv were getting ready in frantic mode to go to taiko practice. Since I couldn't exactly drum, I decided to stay back and join them later on. I got to the taiko classroom around 11.30 AM.
I gotta tell you... it hurts. Even thinking about it hurts.
Every bone in my body hurt even more than when I fell down and broke that damn elbow.
The taiko drums were there to be played. With just one hand, it's ridiculous, I can't even lounge properly... So I tried to play the shime daiko, but I couldn't keep up. It was one of the most psychologically painful 1 hour that I went through.

OK, I know I shouldn't vent. This is really nothing compared to some other serious misery that so many unfortunate people are going through around the world.
But some time I can't help it.

The stupid broken elbow has been acting up all afternoon. I'm going to get myself drugged up and sleep now. G'nite.

4 Comments:

Blogger Genilimaa said...

I'll try once more to post a comment (been trying on the previous two posts but keep getting error messages. What's up with that??)

Anyway, thinking of that nasty fall, I'm happy that you're still alive.
And I've got to tell you, you look amazing even in a cast!

Hope the drugs kick in properly and ease your pain.

November 6, 2006 at 5:39 AM  
Blogger deenster said...

Oh no!!!! I just checked your blog for the first time since Peking Duck. Are you ok, Tari?!?! I'm so sorry that you had to miss your weekend in Nikko, and so sorry that you're in pain. Call me if you need anything!!

November 6, 2006 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Thank you, ladies, for your sweet comments.

Genilimaa - I don't know what happened, but the comment function was acting up this last couple of days. It should be OK now, though.

Deena - I'm OK. I was just being a baby yesterday because I couldn't play the drums. Just one of those days... I haven't played taiko for about 2 months now, and at my big come back all I could do just sit down and hit it pathetically with one hand. Who knows, the doctor did say that IF I were good, I might be able to get out from the cast in 2 weeks, which means November 15. Who knows, with some determination I could join the troupe for the performance in Hatoyama on Nov 19.

All in all, the drug is working. It's really strong what they got me, I'm always a bit floaty whenever I take it, 3 times a day... I wonder what's in it.

November 6, 2006 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger m said...

so how long are you going to wear that pretty cast? and you can'tbe serious to start drumming right after the cast comes off? Please tell me you're not serious!!!

November 9, 2006 at 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home