Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

One-handed Survivor

Yep,it's official. After spending 4.5 hours and 4 rounds of X-Ray at Tokyo Medical College University, the verdict is out. Taiko Tari is back to her disabled self again, in the cast glory and all. Apparently I chipped my elbow. Again. It was pretty neat to see 3 tiny chipped bones by my elbow in the X-ray result, actually...

I went through some first aid remedy by phone last night by my host father in Niigata. I just couldn't be bothered going to the ER at 9 PM knowing fully well that I won't be able to leave until 1 AM after the entire procedure, where it could all wait until a civilized morning. After all I managed to ride the bicycle home last night, you see. A few more hours, I concluded, was not going to make much difference. This has happened to me before, so after consulting doctor Otoosan, we know it's not a life and death situation.
So doctor Otoosan, who's an orthopedist and has been treating me for as long as I know him, demanded to know what happened to me in medical term, so he can make sure the Tokyo doctors are giving me the best treatment. So, kind doctor Nakajima (who is fluent in English, btw) wrote it down for us. Are you ready? 右上腕骨遠位内上剥離骨折. In English this translates as an avulsion or a fracture of et medial end.

Oh the irony of it all... I was so looking forward to have a weekend away from Tokyo, going up the Nikko mountains. Well, it ain't gonna happen.

I'm not in pain, so don't worry about that. (Besides I seriously think doctor Nakajima is drugging me). It's just mastering a single life with your left hand, when you're a righty has made everything very tricky!
I am counting on Odaiko Div to get through the weekend and my lifechanging report, after that I'm going to submit myself to onigiri diet for 2-3 weeks. Hey what do you know, something good might come out of this tragedy. I might actually lose those unwanted pounds.


6 Comments:

Blogger # Q said...

mbak tari kenapaaaaaaaaa???????

November 2, 2006 at 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ck ck ck ck ck ck .... twice in the same spot?...
Get well soon, mbak ..

November 2, 2006 at 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aduh bu cacat lagi ya :)
semoga lekas sembuh, ya..
sekalian minta izin di link, ya..

November 3, 2006 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

thanks everyone. I am looking forward to getting better too. Doctor Nakajima fashioned a curved cast so I can sorta type, but the entire cast weighs about 1.5 kg, so lifting it up is no easy business. :)
Will see the doc again tomorrow.

November 7, 2006 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Piw said...

cepet sembuh ya tari ... meni aya-aya wae atuh :D

November 10, 2006 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haloo Tari..
Kamu kenapa tangganya?

Cepat sembuh ya

Dietce

November 22, 2006 at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home