Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hey, Lady! (A memorable conversation with Mr. Αλεχι)

Just got in from Europe yesterday morning and I am trying to get back to my routine, upload my pictures while sharing stories with everyone.

I did quite a lot in Athens, walked the Acropolis, visited the folk music instrument, went to the Olympic city, all done while working nonstop for the conference and networking with market research peers from around the world.

One thing to note is Greek food. It is absolutely delicious. Everything I ate was good. Even the hotel food which was said to be crappy, I think it was better than any other hotel food I ate.

In one of the evening after the conference wrapped for the day, I wanted to take some of my colleagues to a nice seafood dinner. We were recommended to go to a restaurant called "ZEVFROS" in the harbor area of Mikrolimano.
Competing with about 150 other people from the conference, all wanting to go out for the night, I thought it would be wise to get the trusted Alexi the doorman to call us a cab.
This is one of the most memorable conversation that I had in Greece.

Tari: "Alexi, could you call us two cabs, please?"
Alexi: "How many people in your party?"
Tari: "Six"
Alexi: "Oh, then you need two cabs."
Tari: "That's what I said."
Alexis: "Where do you want to go?"
Tari: "Well, this restaurant called 'ZEVFROS', Rhiannon said that it's at the Mikrolimano harbor area. Could you check if we need to make a reservation, please?"
Alexi: "Let me see."
......
After two minutes searching on his phone, Alexi seemed puzzled.

Alexi: "Well, I think it will be wise if we make a reservation, but I don't have Zevfros' phone number. Mikrolimano harbor has many restaurants, however, and they're all good. How about if I recommend another restaurant, it's called 'ZORBAS'?"
Tari: "Zorbas.... well, do they serve Greek food?"
Alexi: "Lady, it's called "ZORBAS" it doesn't get anymore Greek than that."
Tari: "Oh, OK. Wait, just one more small question... do they have seafood, fish and the likes?"
Alexi: " Lady, it is a restaurant at the harbor, seafood is ALL they have."

hahaha....
Well, Alexi, thanks for the recommendation. The food was fantastic, the cab ride was scenic, the service was excellent, and we got to sit by the water with amazing view of scenic Athens while yamas-ing on ouzo. This lady couldn't get anymore happier than this.

Efharisto! Εφηαριστο!

ps: For more information on Zorbas, please click here.


This is exactly where we were sitting although they added an extra table to accommodate 6 people. Breathtaking view in the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home