Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I killed my TV

Another sunny day.
A beautiful sunny day.
Finally the days are much cooler where the average temperature is at the respectable 15C, just the way it should be in November (or come to think of it, it should've been like that too in October!!)

I'm hoping the weather will stay as 'warm' as this until at least next Thursday so O.Div and me can finally go hiking. We've been delayed three weeks only for the matters such as broken elbow, miserable monsoonic rain, and work, and taiko performance.

Have you watched Alias, yet? Agent Sydney Bristow is one cool chickadee, let me tell you. Although she walks a little funny, but she's still very cool!
About two years ago, a friend from Indonesia came for a visit and as a present to yours truly, she got me a set of Alias DVD season 3. Knowing fully well the downside of living in Japan: deprivation from decent TV shows that is not related to people talking about food all the time.
I kid you not, in the morning news, talk shows, travel channel and in between shows, etc, they all have something in common: they all want to talk about food. I mean, I love food, yes. I'm a proud foodie, and a person whose passion is cooking -- but I don't want to talk about it all the time, you see?

Anyways, where was I?
Oh, Alias.

Yes, after sitting in my DVD collection for quite sometime (2 years and 1 month, to be exact) I finally inserted the DVD and started watching it.
I am hooked!!!
That TV show is addictive, not as crazily haunting like 24, but very engaging nonetheless.
I watched the entire thing in 3 sittings. The entire Saturday until I had to get ready to attend an early Thanksgiving dinner at a K&K's.
And then nonstop till morning until I had to get ready to see the Swedish trio for crepes. And then after saying ta ta to Baby Ella and her parents, I went back home and started watching again. Man that show was good.

The downside of it all is that the hard work killed my TV. It's now dead. Kaput.
Tried to switch it on, it went blink blink blink and then off again.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyways, the nice lady at Sony is going to send someone over to check on my TV since it's rather large for any one person to carry it herself, let alone one with a broken elbow such as myself. That wouldn't be wise.

p.s. on a completely different note, thanks for the kind e-mails, comments, and phone calls. I think I'm coping with my one-handed life rather nicely. I have mastered many one handed skills namely:
1. writing with my left-hand. Even though the result is uncannily ugly, and it takes 3 times as long, my handscript is still decipherable
2. cooking non-symmetrically chopped food. Well, let's put it this way, I want to have mabodofu, but all the pre-made packages have pork in it, so it didn't leave me much choice, gotta make it myself. Chopping the tofu was rather challenging, but I made it just fine!!!
3. Utilizing my other functioning body parts to open jars and bottles. Almost like in a slapstick sitcom, I had to use both my feet or thigh to hold the bottle/jar still and then twist it open.
4. Wrapping my cast every morning after shower. With the collaboration between the mighty left hand and my right arm pit, I'm getting better everyday.
5. and the list continues...

So all in all, everything has been OK. There are many things that are still difficult to do, (washing dishes, or signing on my credit card, and others), but I shall survive. I should be out of this thing in 8 days. Meanwhile, my lovely cleaning lady will just have to come a little more often than the pre-agreed every-three-weeks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Genilimaa said...

Impressive to manage with only one arm!
I suppose every procedure takes twice the time. But then the jar opening alone saves you from having to do workout and yoga. So you break even, time-wise!

November 15, 2006 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger femmy said...

Thanksgiving? In Japan? I've heard that they celebrate Christmas although they're not Christian, but Thanksgiving?

April 24, 2007 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Yeah, thanksgiving in Japan. But then again it was at an American friend's house, so, that should count, shouldn't it?
No, the Japanese don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but they do Halloween.

April 24, 2007 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger femmy said...

Well, that explains a lot! :-)

April 24, 2007 at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home