Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

A tribute for Japanese postal service


Gotta love the postal service here in Japan.

One of the perks of living in Japan is that their postal service is absolutely amicable.
I got my contact lenses arriving in the mail. Since I wasn't home, the postman left a note in the box advising me for arranging another delivery. I called the number, arranged it and within 24 hours, the box arrived in my house between 9 to noon. Awesome.

Today, I came back from a joint birthday party celebration at nearly midnight. Having not been home in the past 15 hours, I checked the post and there was another note from Mr. Postman. The note said that there was a package from a Ms. ADM for me! My darling sissie said that she sent a package a week back and that it wasn't going to arrive in 2 weeks, so naturally it was such a great surprise when it arrived in exactly 7 days!!!
You see, I could arrange another delivery... however, since I was having a birthday high, I just couldn't-shouldn't-and-wouldn't wait. I must see what my sissie sent me at ONCE!
So, I went upstairs, got my bike lights and pedaled over to Yoyogi Post Office. I headed straight to the pick-up window, and rang the after-hours service (the district main post offices are open 24 hours, FYI) buzzer. 10 seconds later, a postman with a rather sleepy look turned up at the window. He checked my claim tag, got my package, checked my ID, and handed the package. All done in 2 minutes.

Gosh, I just love the Japanese postal service. They make it so easy and accessible. Absolutely amazing. I love them.

But I love my sister 10,000 times more... I mean, who wouldn't? Check out what she got me!!!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Beautiful stuff! And Happy Birthday, my dear!

August 5, 2007 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger m said...

I loooooooove those beige ones!!!

And yes, I looooooove JP postal service too. Once I mailed a pile of stuff wrapped in nothing but a paper shopping bag stapled at one end, with an address scribbled across the shop logo, and it got here to Sweden with no problem at all.

August 6, 2007 at 3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tari....
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEAR...
I intentially give you the belated wish so you have a longer birthday period... (hihi..)
All the best wishes for you.
Love, happiness.

Wow... that "made in swiss" shoes.. I envy you!

August 7, 2007 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Thanks everyone!!!
The shoes have been really fun to have - the shoe-fanatic that I am.

Thanks for stopping by!

August 10, 2007 at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home