Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Ultimate Depression

I am so depressed right now. So very depressed, it is beyond believe and recognition. And I take this as a very bitter lesson for putting some things to the very last minute. Yeah, I can be that stupid sometime.

I am talking about the upcoming Earth Celebration. Still 3 weeks away, I suddenly remembered that I haven't booked the three-day-pass for their Shiroyama concerts. I quickly called the ticketing office, and they gave me the unexpected news: The 3-day-passes are all sold out. Gone.

Unwilling to believe them, I called my teacher to see how his luck had been with the tickets. He explained to me that the reason why the tickets are all sold out was because they are selling the first 1,300 seats for the potential indoors concert. As we all know since the venue is outdoors, there is always a potential that it might rain, thus the 1,300 people ceiling for an indoors venue. DAMN! DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!
Still reluctant to believe the horror of it all, I went online and tried to buy the ticket from the website. Not getting any response from them within 15 minutes, I called another phone number for the ticketing service and spoke to a very pleasant woman who kindly explained to me what Sensei told me merely 15 minutes prior. I finally am able to accept the truth. She then fixed me for the first two-days concert and said that if the day is fine on August 19, she is quite certain that I will be able to get a ticket for that day, considering that will mean an additional 1,700 tickets. Yeah, OK, I agree that there is light at the end of the tunnel. But I am still furious at myself.

On the brighter side: I got accepted to join Miyake Taiko workshop on Sunday at 10 am. The Kodo service has organized a special arrangement so I will be able to make it in time for my taiko troupe's performance at 1:15 pm on Sunday.

But why am I still feeling so sad...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disini sih kalau mau dapat tiket, either buy it so early like months before the event, or last minutes sekalian (kalau mau gambling plus deg2an) karena pasti selalu ada tuh yang jual di Yahoo auction or on the spot dengan harga 20-50% naik. Or kalau concertnya udah mulai malah turun 50%...

I hope you will get it for the 3rd day. Bawa celana dalam, lempar ke atap tuh panggung... cuaca akan cerah ceria deh...

Enjoy drumming gal...

July 26, 2007 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

hahahahahahahaha... you cracked me up! Maybe I really SHOULD try that trick. :)

July 27, 2007 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Edward J. Taylor said...

Yeah Tari, I had the same bad luck and I'm on EC staff. I was out of country for 6 weeks and tried and failed to buy tix on the website. Finally I emailed them but they told me the bad news. However, I've been reassured that getting a ticket for Sunday should be no problem. Pray for clear skies! See you in the ticket line...

August 4, 2007 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Hiya Ted! I wondered if you were going to be there this year. Shame to hear that you have the same bad luck. But I have good faith that it will be OK next week. See you in the ticket line (I'll be camping for the red tickets anyway, so see you there, too!)
Also, will you be able to make it to our performance at 1:15 pm on Sunday?

August 10, 2007 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home