Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm a bit mad right now

How could he do that to my dear Antonio Sanchez?

Oh, yeah, I am talking about my guitar teacher.

So, today I hailed to my 3rd guitar class. Teacher O said that my progress is impressive that I have sailed through some months worth of training in just a few classes. If only anyone would pay attention to the fact that I am not a beginner and gave me a placement test at the beginning, maybe we could save some precious time (and my money!).
This comment came with a price, though. Teacher O simply said that my guitar cannot keep up with me. That my Antonio Sanchez could not produce the sound that is meant to be produced.
In proving his point, he handed me his guitar and asked me to play a few songs with it. And... I am officially damned, because I get what he's saying.

But Antonio Sanchez is still a beautiful guitar. And the sound that it produces is also beautiful. Yes, maybe not as beautiful as Teacher O's guitar, but still beautiful.
If Teacher O is thinking that I'd ditch my beautiful guitar just because he said I should, then he must be living in some weird guitar planet and simply is out of his mind.

I'm sticking to Antonio Sanchez. If in 6 months time I feel pulled back by it, only then, we can reopen this guitar changing topic.

Hmmph! I'm a bit mad right now.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger femmy said...

Your teacher really had some nerve...

You know, your story reminded me of the time I signed up for an English conversation class in college. They did have a placement test (a written test!), but I don't know why they put me in the beginner's class. When the classes began, the teacher then offered to move me up to an advanced class, but unfortunately my other class schedule did not permit me to transfer. It wasn't very comfortable to be so conspicuous in class.

July 19, 2007 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger hijau said...

hehehe---

July 20, 2007 at 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sebenarnya Jeng, kenapa mad sih? Bukannya bagus tuh that you are much improved so you need a more sophisticated instrument? Para maestro juga awalnya pas junior pakai alat basic and gradually increase to a better one kan?
So your Antonio rather should be proud that he brought you until this higher level. He will remain with you and get that special place in your heart.
That what I feel with my old cameras, the non DSLR... stay there in the closet and in my heart..

July 26, 2007 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

dian - sebetulnya karena dia nggak rasional gitu si pak guru itu, gitar yang dia pakai harganya 3 juta yen. hehehe. jadi mau nyusul juga kan mikir2 dulu.

tapinya ya, pak guru itu kan cuma sekali ngajar aku, biasanya aku dengan guru yang lain sih. jadi kok kayaknya kurang berdasar gitu komentarnya pak guru. cep antonio baik-baik saja kok menurut guru yang satunya lagi.

July 26, 2007 at 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Teacher O is thinking that I'd ditch my beautiful guitar just because he said I should, then he must be living in some weird guitar planet and simply is out of his mind.

I think Teacher O is right. I could not agree more. Now you can send Antonio Sanchez to me =)...

But, perhaps not. I believe you are still mad at me because I didn't take a good care of your old guitar in Bandung hihihihihi....

July 29, 2007 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home