Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

On Mr. Harry Potter...

Monday this week was a little bit somber. For several womanly reason (and by the way I am legally supported by the Japanese legal system to take my womanly day once a month) I decided to work from home. Heck, I had my PowerBook on me anyway and it had been declared 'personal information' free by the administrator, so off I went - working in my PJ with music blazing loud in the background.

After a wee bit, I decided to change the background scene. I put "Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire" on the DVD and started watching it (while working a little bit). Man, that's a good movie. Next thing I know, I re-watched all four Harry Potter DVDs in reverse order and kept on feeling petrified. Yeah, I'm a sucker for fantasy stories, and the Harry Potter series especially . Read the books a million times, and watched the movie also nearly as many times as I read the books.

Of all the characters, I adore Hermione Granger the most. She's mental, yeah, sure. She always behaves as if she knows-it-all, but the thing is, SHE DOES! And she always means well. And how cool is that to be going to school where the library has all the answer that you're looking for in the most complete book collection.

And... the Weasleys. Oh, they're fun and fab!!! Except Percy, of course, he's just plain weird and desperately pathetic. And look at Ginny!! She has grown to look prettier and prettier over the years. And Ron finally developed a strong character of his own.

And of course Albus Dumbledore just rocks. He's just awesome. The things he know! The things he can do!! I wonder why he's not married. To be very frank, I'm actually confused why all of the teachers at Hogwarts are unmarried. Surely it's not the requirement to become a teacher, right?

Of course I like Harry, but I just don't get it why he's always so mad. That kid is just darned bitter, I'm telling you. He was much more affectionate when he was only in his first year at Hogwarts.

And Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows will come out on July 21. I need to read that book and find some answers. Damn you, Snape! You traitor, traitor, traitor!!! But if Gandalf can come back and help Frodo destroy the ring, then I can't see why Dumbledore can't. After all, he is supposed to be the greatest wizard of all time.

I am waiting in anticipation for the new movie to come out on July 20. I am taking Divydoo to see that. Can't think of any better movie to take her to, since she's a fellow Harry Potter freak herself.

Yes, Harry Potter rocks.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger femmy said...

Yeah, I think Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie is the best of the bunch so far. Loved the book, too! I can't wait to see the fifth movie and read the last book!

BTW, I did not know you like fantasy! I'm a fantasy freak myself, did you know that? Just look at my goodreads, and you'll see in which genre I have the most books!

July 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger hijau said...

Ahh, Harry Potter!! Takkan pernah habis membicarakannya. Suasana kantor dijamin sepi kalo buku itu baru keluar. Semua mencuri waktu untuk membacanya. Padahal umur kita sudah lebih dari dua kali lipat ABG.
Tapi aku beneran gak suka filmnya (kecuali Prisoners of Azkaban). Menurut aku film2nya merusak khayalan yang ada di kepala hehehe.
Si Harry itu marah2 melulu (apalagi di Order of Phoenix dan Half Blood Prince) mungkin ingin menggambarkan kegalauan masa remaja yang membingungkan itu.
Can wait buku barunya!!!!

July 4, 2007 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger femmy said...

Betulll... si Harry marah-marah melulu itu nyebelin banget. Yang galau itu Harry apa JK yah?

July 4, 2007 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Genilimaa said...

Ha! I like it that you discuss the private lives of fictitious characters as if they were real. "Why are they not married?" indeed!

I'll marry Alan Rickman in a second, he can be as evil as he wants!

July 8, 2007 at 6:19 AM  
Blogger Genilimaa said...

What, you get to take a womanly day every month?! I want a womanly day!

July 8, 2007 at 6:30 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

femmy - yes, I love fantasy very much. Unlike my attitude towards heavy metal in music (I just honestly don't think it can be considered as music), I am very non-discriminative towards books. I LOVE fantasy.
I just finished re-reading The Order of Phoenix at lunch time today - man Harry was so angry in that book. I really wish that he would grow up a little bit, but then again he's only 15 (in that book)

hijau - aduh Doddy... kalo pas nonton filmnya emang harus let go bahwa nggak akan up to par. hehe. I'm finally accepting that. yang jelas hats off untuk Rowling karena nggak pernah sekalipun merendahkan martabat dan menulis buku yang blockbuster. meni hebring ibu itu dalam menjaga kualitas karakternya.

c-genilimaa - I'm always wondering how old exactly Professor Dumbledore is, it's just everybody seems to know everyone, yet they're all from different time frame. It's quite fascinating.

and yes, we do have that right to take a womanly day every month. I haven't pulled a womanly day in 8 months, though, because I haven't felt the need to and it had been ridiculously busy at work that I forgot to take one. These excuse always comes in handy when necessary though.

July 10, 2007 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home