Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Musings

OK, I effectively have 3 hours in the rat-hole today, all dark, no lights - with no reporting, my thoughts are free to wander. Fascinating what came to mind when you let your head goes loose like that.

1. Natsubate is a Japanese term for summer lethargy, summer weariness and summer discomfort.
It seems like my natsubate keeps on coming earlier every year. Usually it's around my birthday which is much later in July, but now June? Been feeling really blaaach since a week ago. It's really strange, you wake up and then you're just in bed for another hour, just completely energy less. There is not much that I like about summer, this is one of the major one.

2. A Japanese singer songwriter Izumi Sakai of 90s hit group ZARD died on May 27th, 2007. A cancer patient, but she died falling off the stairs. Suicide? Who knows. What I know is that her memorial service was today, in Aoyama. The Aoyama cemetery is right in front of my office. From my desk I saw 3 choppers flying around with cameramen. And there was a long trail of mourners. I am lucky to have come to the office by bicycle today, no need to impose myself to the inhuman line caused by this event at Nogizaka station.

3. Can't stop thinking about Montchan's unfortunate incident with the G-S couchsurfer. That is just awful. As a couchsurfer myself, I have been lucky that such situation never happened to me. In fact all of the people whom I met through couchsurfing have been great. One particular traveling circus girl in fact has become one of my closest friends. Fact is, I'm shuddering with the thought that this could easily happen to me, too. Why? Because I never ask for ID before. Yep, that's stupid, I know. Will definitely start asking for ID. No ID, I will direct you to Yoyogi Park.

4. I have not watched TV in almost 3 weeks now. It is quite amazing the amount of books I finished during these 3 weeks of TV celibacy, though. I admit that some of what I read have been ultimately brainless, but they provided simple pleasure. Right, I was reading the entire library of Sophie Kinsella (The Shopaholic series and 4 other books), completely brainless, but it's a pure enjoyment. Bliss.
And also my long awaited collection of Prof. Dr. Moritz-Maria von Igelfeld finally arrived. Also Mma Ramotswe's last rendition of No.1 Ladies Detective Agency: The Good Husband of Zebra Drive. Also 2 books my friend brought over from Indonesia. Also 5 other books that I bought randomly at the rainy-day 10% discount Aoyama Book Center. Also 55 outlines that need by July 13 for the Paris conference.
Yeah, that does it, I have no time for TV. Especially since I want to and have to (particularly for the outlines) read everything before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows comes out on July 21.
Yes, I have no time for TV, or any other form of life in general. Well, better make time for guitar lessons. Oh, I have to practice taiko drumming, too. Oh, yes, must remember to go to work and keep the income coming so I can get more books. Yes, but that's about it.

5. Yay! My mid July project got postponed. I better go to Niigata and poke my nose in there. The beach is only 5 minutes walk from my J-fam's house. Better make a phone call. Maybe I could bring 3 books then, too. Yes. And it's a long weekend, too!

Wow, 3 hours passed really quickly. I can go home now.

Tootles!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger femmy said...

Lucky you, to have been able to read all those books! I long for the good old days when I used to do that. I don't watch TV anymore (there is none in my room), but I spend too much on the computer. How do I get away from it? The little games I download from the internet are addictive! I can't stop playing! Help!

June 27, 2007 at 11:44 PM  
Blogger hijau said...

Tar, kenapa ya orang Jepang senang bunuh diri :)?
Negara ini kedua setelah AS dalam hal bunuh diri. Punya jawabannya?

June 28, 2007 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

femmy - I have a solution for getting away from video games: don't start. My gaming days are over, long gone since I entered high school. I won DS Lite last year, and I sold it to my colleague.

hijau - stress kali ya. terlalu banyak tekanan di sini. Untuk kasus si penyanyi ini, dugaan gua sih karena dia stress karena penyakit kankernya itu. 'Jatuh' di tangganya itu di rumah sakit sedang dalam perawatan.

June 28, 2007 at 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Setuju soal "don't start" for the video games...

Talking about Kinsella's, I tried to go over the pages... but as it is so easy and gossipy... my mind is just wander around somewhere else... kayak kalau kita ngobrol dgn orang yg membosankan and our mind just browsing around while our face may face her. So, I was amazed how I get through the 20 pages without even notice what that was all about...
Never finish the book.
love those book which pages full of pages you would read over and over again to really get the deep meaning into your soul.... like those of Coelho's or Gaarder's... but yet it really need time and sanctuary to get it done... dengan tiga mosters ku... imposibble.

Come on Tari... jangan kebawa natsubate!

July 2, 2007 at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home