Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Good grief, I got tagged! (a.k.a 8 random facts about myself)

Oh, no!!!! Montchan tagged me last week, and because I was on hiatus, I didn't get to answer this on a timely manner. I wonder what she'd do to me!!!
She can be very scary, you don't say no to Montchan. That I know for sure.

First, here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Now, here are the "8 random facts about myself":

1. I hate mayonnaise. I really really do. I used to like it moderately growing up, but ever since I moved to Japan, I noticed that somehow they crept their way into my plate, in every food! Let me repeat it, I hate mayonnaise with a passion, I don't want it on my food, around my food, or anywhere near my food.

2. I am a sucker for packaging. Really, to me, packaging matters. I should know better, given the fact that I am working in marketing research, but nope, I would buy something that costs 500 yen more for the same content, solely for the packaging.

3. I am a musical instruments freak. I adore musical instruments and buy them on a whim, and very randomly. Throughout my life, from the age of 6, I have always had a musical instrument project going on. Some I will learn obsessively (at the moment classical guitar is making a comeback, alongside the taiko drums), some are on momentary lapse (I just purchased an ocarina, and still mulling over the way to master the principle behind it).

4. I prefer to cook alone. This is actually an improvement. I used to dislike it when people offer to help me in the kitchen, because 1) kitchens in Japan are small, 2) said helpers usually tend to make a mess in the kitchen and are messing up the general cooking procession, rather than actually helping, 3)I am a perfectionist.
I do realize that this sole fact has qualified me as an official freak, but I finally learnt to accept the beauty of people cooking for and/or with me during the month-long cooking disability. I am now moderately 'tamed' in accepting other people's presence in my kitchen.

5. I am terrified at horror stories, but love watching horror movies with friends.

6. My full first name is a modification from a masculine name, a sanskrit god name. My parents were dead sure I was going to be a boy, and on my birthday they were shocked that I turned up looking feminine. They then twisted the last syllable of my first name to make it sound feminine. To this day, I have never met anyone with my first name, those who started corresponding with me on e-mails and never having met me always address me as Mr. B. And when I googled it, I discover that my twisted full first name is, in fact, a prominent Russian last name.

7. I am slightly claustrophobic. Tokyo is so not the city for me indeed.

8. I prefer lakes to beaches, highland to lowland, winter to summer, spring to summer, autumn to summer. I came from a tropical country, but that really doesn't mean that I am fond of the tropics.

And I tag:

C-Genilimaa, because I miss her
Deenster, because two tag attacks from Montchan and myself might really revive her from her hibernation
Benx, because he always has something hilarious to say
Ovie, because I always love to hear from her, all the way from Cork!
Jean, because I'd love to to hear more about her
Femmy, because she's my oldest friend, back from the days when I was still only 1 meter tall, and she never ceases to surprise me

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Beni Suryadi said...

huuuurraaaayya.....
asiikkk...senangnya hatiku


walaupun dari dulu dah keren, tapi seakrang jadi tambahhh kereeeennn

terima kasih mbak tari
=)

June 11, 2007 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Beni Suryadi said...

buehh...ie teh hamwork?
kirain pujian kayak dapat award gitu..

hehehe, baru ngarti habis liat di kamus =p

June 11, 2007 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger jean said...

Hi Tari -- you can't tag me -- I don't have a blog!!! But when I stop working and get back to some procrastination, I'll think about it and post here!

June 11, 2007 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Yes, Benx, it is a homework!!!

And Jean - not having a blog is no excuse, hehe. I look forward to getting your reply in this comment box. ;)

June 11, 2007 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger m said...

I hate mayo! And if you want to eat at my house, get OUT of MY kitchen. I soooo feel your pain here!!!

June 12, 2007 at 2:20 AM  
Blogger deenster said...

All these fellow mayonnaise haters!! Yay!!! We should band together and form a club. :-)

June 13, 2007 at 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tari, will reply your tag soon! freaky busy lately with all training as a new employee.they really tortured my brain. i thought i can save my brain fresh and virgin 'til i die :P

June 23, 2007 at 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home