Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Kitchen-ly dilemma

Twice a year I have my big grocery 'shopping' at my best friend's apartment. The Swedish trio always have their big fridge clean-up in mid July and mid December, right before they go back for their month long (sometimes 6 weeks) summer/Christmas vacations. The chosen person to be getting the load is unmistakably yours truly.

The problem is, I am actually going to go to spend the long weekend in Niigata. This means the rather big basket of produce containing several types of mushroom, potatoes et al is facing the harm of going bad. As well as a few containers of fresh cream, sour cream, frozen peas and a few other frozen vegetable. OK, the frozen fruits problem that I'm having is due to the very small capacity in the freezer - considering that I have just done my own fish and poultry shopping a few days prior.

At 10 pm last night, I was facing a dilemma as to what to do with them. Seriously, I have no intention of lugging them all to Niigata tonight; but I cannot possibly eat them at one sitting, I am just one small person.

So, I decided to cook them all. haha. Once cooked and kept in the fridge, the food should keep for another week. Which is kind of cool, too, this means that I don't need to fuss about cooking lunch at all for a week! How's that for a back-up plan?


In my fridge right now:

Potato and mushroom bake (completed with all frozen veggies and half of a zucchini)

Tiramisu

Blueberry and raspberry pudding

Mmmmmm.

I'm hungry again now.

*Image is of my potato and mushroom bake. yummmmm!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger femmy said...

You must have been a busy cook last night! Tiramisu... yum-yum... It's been a while since I had that.

July 13, 2007 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger hijau said...

tar, gimana keluarga di niigata? kalo liat di TV gempanya lumayan besar ya..
Mudah2an gak apa2.

July 17, 2007 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

femmy - yupe busy cooking night indeed!

hijau - liat post yang baru di atas ya Dod, ada cerita lengkapnya.

July 17, 2007 at 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh? I just read the news. I was in Pulau Ubin for 5 days when it happens... Glad to hear that you are okay (I know, a very very late response :)...)

July 29, 2007 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home