Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Good Saturday

TV series provide good education. Or at least provide enough base to trigger the research of the day.

I was watching CSI Las Vegas the other day (season 2), there was an episode of a curator found dead and Gil Grissom the bugman and his team was analyzing the crime scene. The curator was found dead in a room full of rare books, locked, with limited lightings, the whole nine yards. The only witness they have is a librarian by the name “Aaron” who is autistic. Aaron saw everything, but because of his disability, he couldn’t communicate what he saw in ‘normal’ people language. He speaks in Shakespearean verses, describing every incident in great photographic details.
Aaron sees everything in picture frames.

This got me into thinking. What is autism exactly? What causes it? What effects it has? Is there a cure? Is that at all a disease?
Wikipedia to the rescue again. Here is the elaborate information. However in a nutshell autism is a developmental disorder that appears usually below the age three. It is characterized by impairment of the ability to form normal social relationship and disability to communicate with others and by stereotyped (or ‘normal’ as we’d call it) behavior patterns.

Fascinating. In the episode Super Grissom successfully extracted the information from Aaron by speaking to him with special approach, asking the questions the right way.

That is all it takes, understanding a disability, and approaching it correctly. One can’t stop marveling the medical research wonders, eh?

On the side note, met lovely Miss Montchan and Mr. Montchan on Saturday for crepes brunch. It was so nice to meet her in person. She is every bit as fun, as nice and as lovely as I thought she would be.
AND just like Santa Claus, she brought me so many bags of salty licorice (among other things).Mmmmm!!! Yum yum yum!


Hmm… I’m wondering, did you get to have your special haircut??? Me want to see!!! Please!!!

Montchan, Taiko Tari and Deenster

===
Restaurant information available at my other spot:
Au Temps Jadis

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Gorgeous photo, ladies!!! Sigh. I wish I had super powers and could beam myself over.

:) Have fun!

January 29, 2007 at 2:59 AM  
Blogger m said...

yeah! and let me tell you!!! It was FUN!!! And I managed to control myself, and the care package for Gen in still untouched my by greedy hands!

:)

January 29, 2007 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger m said...

And how cool about that CSI episode!!! I saw it the night before I left for Japan, too!

And did you see the one about the dominatrix and the dead S&M girl?

January 29, 2007 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

SML - we had FUUUUNNNNN! I wished we were not chased by our busy schedules for the day so we could spend more hours talking, but such is life.

Montchan -hehehe. It was great fun, wasn't it? I sure hope to see you again tomorrow before you go. The unagi place is booked for 7 PM because for reasons only known to them they close at silly 9 PM. We could make it a bit latter if that works better for you. Something like 8 PM? We can just go eat there, and then we can go for drinks else where. I think that would be a better timing for Deena as well.
Hope the shoot is going alright, can't wait to hear more about it.

Oh, and yes, I saw the episode with the dominatrix and the dead S&M, I thought it was one of the best episodes as well. Though from all season 1 and 2, I liked the one where they had cross jurisdiction (Vegas and Florida) the best.

January 29, 2007 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger hijau said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 29, 2007 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger hijau said...

(kenapa yg tadi ilang, ya?)

I definitely remember that one, --As a grissom wanna be-- I'm sure you'll learn much more lesson in the next seasons.

Lagi reunian sama 'girl just wanna have fun' club ya, Tar? terlihat menyenangkan!!

Salam buat TonyMac, suruh bilang sama temennya di Bandung biar sabar sama pemiliknya yang lemot ini :)

January 29, 2007 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Genilimaa said...

You look so pretty, girls!! Thanks for sharing the picture. (Deenster is doing what I always end up doing in group photos, looking the other way! But that's because we're still laughing at the last joke, right? Sign of a very sociable person.)

Lucky Montchan, she meets bloggers everywhere she goes. We'll see how that care package manages...I'll keep a look out!

I wonder if I ever get to go to Japan in this lifetime?

January 30, 2007 at 4:11 AM  
Blogger m said...

Girl!!!!

I am still in Utsunomiya, trying to shove everything in the big ass backpack, and it is not going in!

The meeting is at 3pm, but it looks like it will go until 6 or so, and THEn the CEO is taking us out for dinner.

shit shit shit...

But...

I AM COMING BACK IN MARCH!!!!!

YAY!!!

January 30, 2007 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

hijau - iya, Dod, kok tau2 ilang ye.... but yes, sangat2 menyenangkan dong waktu lunch bersama tea. hehehe. senang deh ketemu temen yang baru kenal di blog, tapi karena kita sudah saling membaca kisah hidup satu sama lain, seru begitu. :) Salamnya ke TonyMac entar akan disampaiken

Genilimaa - it was so much fun. I think at that time we were laughing at my ridiculously tiny leica camera. I love Deena's georgeous natural pose.
The care package has a little bit for everyone in the Genilimaa gang. Even tiny hokkairos for tiny people. I hope you like them!

Montchan - Oh dear.... All right. It's OK. Because, I shall be waiting for you in March. I will be away from March 2-12, but before or after that would be GREAT! Let me know if you need anything in the mean time!

January 30, 2007 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger hijau said...

Oh baru kenal di blog? Hebat! aku pikir udah pernah kenal sebelumnya! Amazing!

Grissom kena sejenis penyakit telinga fatal yg membutuhkan operasi. Aku lupa nama penyakitnya. Dia sudah research, ternyata itu genetik. (Ibunya tuna rungu). Akhirnya dia memutuskan operasi. Di episode akhir season 2 apa 3 ya? Ga ada bawahannya satu pun yang tau kecuali Catherine. Itu pun pas Griss mau operasi!

January 31, 2007 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger deenster said...

Oh my...yet another photo of me looking the wrong way! I don't know how I do it...some kind of talent, I guess. :-) I could seriously do a whole exhibition of the photos I have of myself doing this!

Had a great time with you ladies on Saturday!! The world is really a very small place, isn't it?!

January 31, 2007 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

hijau - yes! Well, it was my first time to meet Montchan, but Deenster I meet quite regularly.

Deenster my Tuesday - you look great. It's au naturelle! Always a good time with you.

February 1, 2007 at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home