Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Friday, January 12, 2007

A Daughter's Prayer

God on high,
Hear my prayer,
Please make him feel better,
Please let him heal,
Please return him back to us safely,
The funny, happy, and joyful;
The wonderful person that he is,
Please give us our Dad back

Audzubillahiminassyaitaan nirrahiimi,
Bismilahirrahmanirrahiim,
Ya Allah,
Engkaulah yang Maha Menjadikan,
Engkaulah yang Maha Menyembuhkan,
Engkaulah yang Maha Memiliki,
Apabila ini sudah menjadi kehendak-Mu,
Sembuhkanlah ayah hamba.

Allah humma Rabbig firlii
Wali wali daiya
Warham huma kama rabbayanni sagiraa

Amiin. Amiin ya Rabbal Al-Amiin.


Note:
My darling Dad was submitted into the hospital on Thursday, January 11, 2007.
He has been having some breathing problems since about a couple of months ago. Having been healthy all his life, going to the hospital or to see a doctor is something that he despise the most.
After much persuasion, we took him to see a doctor during our second week in Bandung. The doctor then demanded a thorough check-up.
On Thursday, January 11, 2007; Dad went to see the doctor with the results from his check-up. The doctor would not let him leave the hospital. He was immediately sentenced to have a full bed-rest, for his heart is swelling. Because of the swelling, his heart didn't get enough oxygen. This is all caused by some virus infection. He now has to stay in bed, with the oxygen mask over his nose and mouth until his heart is no longer swelling.

I hope he gets better soon. He has to be. Because he is my Dad. Because he is Dad, I know he will be better in no time.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger hijau said...

Amin.
Semoga do'a suci ini terkabul.

Aku hanya bisa ikut berdoa, semoga lekas sehat seperti sediakala.

January 12, 2007 at 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

iyaa.. smuga cepet sembuh ya om.. :).. amiiinnn..

mbak tari jangan terlalu kuatir.. ;).. pasti om bae2 aja.. ;)..

January 12, 2007 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Genilimaa said...

I hope your father gets better soon. In case he didn't know, remind him that parents are supposed to be around forever.

My dad is the same, when he finally went to the doctor's (with a heart muscle inflammation), they found that he had had a bone fracture that had healed by itself. "So that's why it hurt so bad" my dad goes, all mystified.

January 12, 2007 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger jean said...

Hope your father gets better soon, Tari. I like Genilimaa's advice!

Thanks for answering my questions. I've been in Shizuoka since 1990 (gulp!) Hadn't planned to stay that long but that's the way it goes, right? I have a 7 year-old and a 2 year-old who keep me pretty busy at the moment.

Good luck with your taiko playing! Don't work too hard -- life's too short!!

January 12, 2007 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger m said...

Update??? What is the update???
How is your dad? is he OK?
xo,
M.

January 13, 2007 at 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update:

He's getting better, and hopefully the doctor will allow him to go home tomorrow or the day after :) ....

January 14, 2007 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Wow, I'm really glad he's OK. I love the pics of him you posted here. I hope all remains well.

January 15, 2007 at 6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home