Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Self Pity

Just when I thought I cannot get anymore narcissistic in my blog, I have decided that today I am going to blog about how I am pitying myself.

I came home yesterday evening and slumped right into the couch and nearly fainted, my stomach was lurching as if I was going to throw up. Not only that... my house is at it's dustiest state. Even though all things were in place, I am just bottom line unhappy with the way the apartment feels.
Man, I was feeling very sorry for myself.

Basically there are two things that needed to be analyzed. My own physical state and my apartment's physical state.

The first one, I finally concluded, was a result of doing too much work out in a very short period of time. When I looked back at my planner since I returned to Tokyo, everyday I had put a work out agenda, one day can be more than the others. For example this past Saturday, Sunday and Monday was filled with 2 hour soccer/futsal training, 3 hours taiko drumming, and 6 km run respectively. All of those combined with 1 hour speed cycling each day.
OK, these are no hard training if I was in shape, but I'm obviously not. My last routine work out was pre-bone incident, so that was... oh October?? Shame on you, Taiko Tari!

What should I do, then? Oh heck, I'm going to continue the work out regimen. What happened last night was a punishment on how I haven't been taking care of my own body. Your body is your temple, goes the saying. If you don't love yourself, then who will - goes another saying.
And I will try to remember to eat something at 6 PM before I work out. Yesterday I was stupid not to eat anything prior to the run. No wonder the stomach wasn't happy.

Now for my apartment's physical state.
Never mind the vacuuming. I've done that twice already within the past week, and the dust kingdom persisted. I'd like to blame my books, and carpets and other stuff. One need not to point fingers, regardless what it is, the dust needs to go.
Since I cannot seem to get to the bottom of it, lovely Pauline to the rescue. I called my devoted cleaning professional. She knows how to do it right. I'm not going to even bother to ask her how she does it. Sometimes you just have to leave it with the professionals.

Oj! I'm looking forward to going home tonight. It will be nice and fresh and clean...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Genilimaa said...

Dust is only a state of mind. When I have too little to do, I notice dust. When I'm happy and working, there's no dust.

January 16, 2007 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

Normally I would agree, but you haven't seen just how embarassingly thick the dust is...brrr

January 17, 2007 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Ha ha ha. I'm exactly like Gen, only, I also don't notice it even when I'm lounging around, doing nothing. I'm no domestic goddess.

January 17, 2007 at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home