Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Reporting live from Singapore...

Miss me yet?

OK, not much time to put up a proper post yet, but the 7 days in Indonesia was a blast. Got to see my parents, my brother (who was on a coincidental home leave) and some of old friends from school (elementary school, high school). Most important thing of all was that I got to eat some of the food during the short course of the trip.

Also another very special thing was to be able to spend the first few days of Ramadan with the family. It's been 7 years, so it felt so good to have the sahur meal together, as well as the fast-breaking time together, too - eating the traditional Ramadan foods. Bliss.

Now the short 7 days are behind me. I am on the next short stop: Singapore. My brother has been relocated here since earlier this year. So, this stop is deemed necessary. Besides, I need to go buy a nice suitcase at one of the discount shop here.

We just came back from a visit to the Night Safari at the Singapore Zoo and had a BLAST! Not only the usual zoo stuff was going on, but one of the nocturnal giant flying squirrel decided to fly so low tonight and had a flying crash into my brother's kneecap. A handsome animal, yes, but not so bright in the flying department. Ha ha.


*Photo was excerpted from Nature Photo Society

OK... well, it's midnight now and I'm beat. So maybe later this week I will put up a proper post.

Good night.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger femmy said...

Whoa, night safari! That sounds so cool.

September 18, 2007 at 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi mbak tari.. sori baru mampir lagi.. :D.. blogging has been kinda boring lately.. :P

anyway.. aahh.. sooo curious to see that flying squirrel.. must be sooo funny!!.. pankapan kesana ahhhh ^D^

# Q

September 20, 2007 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

femmy - it's so close by from Indonesia. You should definitely check it out!

qnoi - itu kalo ke sana, silakan cari tupai terbang benzol. hahaha.

September 21, 2007 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home