Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Buh-bye!

It's time for another 'tootles' message. I am leaving for Indonesia tomorrow morning to see le maman et le papa for a week.

Unlike my usual departure, thanks to the horrid workaholic summer and a spur-of-the-moment decision to go home, this time I haven't had time to actually prepare anything for the homecoming. No gifts had been purchased, no phone calls have been made to organize a get together, only a couple of e-mails sent to some old friends.

You see, normally I will freak out about this - being an avid planner-down-to-the-minute freak that I am, but to my own surprise I am not at all concerned about it this time. All I know is I got my passport, my ticket and that my flight is in the morning, so I should just make sure to get my butt to the airport 2 hours prior. I'll just go ahead with the flow from there.

OK, well, I can't be completely unconcerned about the trip, though. I have to pack.
Oh, crap. I just remember that my luggage is broken from the NY trip. Hmm... alright, must travel light, I'm going to buy a set of nice luggage in Singapore when I visit my kid brother after Indonesia.
With that being resolved... that leaves to finding a duffel bag to carry some of my stuff to Indonesia. I think I have one. If not, well maybe I can run to Don Quijote for a light duffel bag later toniht. They're open till 5 am.

How do I want to go to the airport? Bus or train. I'll decide tomorrow morning when I wake up. Maybe the limousine bus, can't be bothered diving into the sea of people in Shinjuku station at 8 in the morning. OK, bus it is. No need to organize ticket before hand, I'll just do a walk in tomorrow morning. They run every 15 minutes anyway from Shinjuku bus station.

Do I have money? No, I don't. OK, must make a stop at the ATM.
Hang on, I might still have some Rupiah at home. Must check on that.

Do I need coat? Oh you silly Indonesian, it's always summer there. Dry summer. Good.

I guess those are all the essentials. Cool. I'm ready to go.

Let me know if anyone wants postcard from Indonesia, addresses to be e-mailed to taiko.tari@gmail.com.

Don't miss me too much while I'm gone! Be good!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home