Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

A ray of mango

One of my friend is an insurance inspector. And these days he's inspecting fruit shipments. Last week he asked me if I liked mangoes. Of course I said "YES!"
So he said, "OK, a mango is coming your way soon!"

My friend is leaving for a short holiday in Bali tomorrow and knowing that he's very busy before his departure, I wasn't expecting to see him nor the mango anytime soon. All my hopes for mangoes had vanished, I have sort of given up on that.

Until suddenly a phone call arrived last night, in the middle of a typhoon, and it was my insurance inspector friend.
"Hey, I'm coming over with your mango. Be there in 20 minutes!"

Next thing I know, at 11 pm at night, with the rain pouring hard outside and the winds blowing noisily, the doorbell rang.

There he was. Holding a mango in his hands, with the biggest mischievous grin pasted on his face, my friend shouted, "Delivery for Taiko Tari!"

Thank you, thank you, Dear Friend. That was terribly sweet of you bringing the mango all the way to my place in the middle of a horrid weather. Thank you!
Now I want le franc and grapefruits, anything in the shipment collection? Ha!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger femmy said...

Was the mango as sweet as the delivery guy? It looks delicious from the photo! Did you eat it the whole mango all by yourself? You didn't leave some for me? *ck-ck-ck*

September 7, 2007 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger Taiko Tari said...

The mango was sweet. Not too sweet, just right. Not too ripe, just right.
It was delicious!

What are you complaining about! You live in the land full of mangoes. Shame on YOU for not sharing any with me all these years... ;)

September 7, 2007 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home