Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Another Everest

So, tomorrow I've committed to do something that I know not.

As a wedding gift to my best-friend and her husband, I volunteered to baby-sit her 17 months old daughter for a weekend. I offered an entire weekend, but then of course I got some jitters and that whole weekend became 1 night and 1 day.
Except that after the kid's ear infection, fever, cold and some adult discussion - it became 1 WHOLE day, from noon till midnight. And that is tomorrow.

I'm having a stage freight.

Yeah.

That kid is one of the most adorable kids in the whole world. Really. She speaks fluent Swedish and understands Tah-Yee's(*) English, and she does roll-over, and walks everywhere and loves the drums and everything. And above all, now every time I swing by she will give me a full kram och puss! I can't get enough of her.
But then, I have never spent more than 3 hours alone with her - hence the stage freight.

Still nervous, I dig around my house and try to find something amusing to bring.
Nope, I got nothing in my house that is 17-month-old-friendly. Nada!

Right. I'm just going to go bring myself, armed with 4 DVDs of Cinderella, Snow White, Toy Story and Tweety Bird. And I'm also going to bring my guitar along. Little Ella always seems to like me a little more whenever I play some musical instrument.

12 hours... surely we're bound to have some fun. Yeah, I can take her to see the ponies and play at the park or something.

Everything is going to be fine... :)

*Apparently my name to her has gone through several evolution, from Ta-Ta, Da-Deeh and finally Tah-Yee

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Genilimaa said...

Good luck! You'll do fine of course, it seems kids adapt remarkably well to babysitters, don't they? I think it's a survival strategy that kicks in, just in case the parents are gone for good. :)

October 20, 2007 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Hahaha! I was all prepared to write, "Good luck, you'll do fine," and I open comments to see Gen did already!

It'll be OK, remember kids respond well to attention. Give her attention and she'll behave and will be happy to be with you too.

October 21, 2007 at 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will make it... video show sesame yang Tari jadi Bunny jangan lupa dibawa...

October 22, 2007 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger m said...

So how did it go?
:-)
This summer I babysat 2 kids that also spoke fluent Swedish. In my experience, they are a piece of cake. Just throw some cake (or candy) at them and a TV, and they're as happy as can be.
c-Gen, you know I love your Young Ones!

October 22, 2007 at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home