Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm going to Africa!!!

Yesterday morning I received an e-mail from one of the executive directors in ESOMAR. ESOMAR is an international association for market research professionals, based in Rotterdam.
In that e-mail, Katja (the director) formally invited me to take up a position as a program committee for the coming qualitative conference, which will be held in October in Cape Town (South Africa).
I am head over heels about this. To be trusted to chair a workgroup for two days and select papers to be discussed in a conference for experts of the experts -- this is such an honor. It's a big deal for my work line. What a great opportunity.
Actually I remember chatting with Katja about this during the past conference in Barcelona (November 2005). We were talking about a few of the sessions there. At the time she did mention that she'd like me to join the committee for the coming conference. I expressed my interest in this, but didn't think much of it since there are unlimited researchers who would've also loved to take up the position.
I am just very pleased that she was serious about the appointment.

My company is supporting me 100% for this and that means.... I'M GOING TO AFRICA!!!!!

Putting the professional life aside for one second... there is another reason why I'm so happy about this.
It's a beautiful dream coming true to me. I've always wanted to go to Africa. I know that one day I will make sure I get there, it's just a matter of when. I didn't expect it to be this soon...
I want to see the animals in the wilderness there... I want to see African musicians performing on the street or in other places. I want to touch the land of Nelson Mandela. I want to see the lions, the elephants, the zebras, and it's all coming true in October!
I am too excited.

Today is my lucky day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home