Taiko Tari Online

Life is so full of surprises. You pick a path when you get up in the morning, much to your astonishments, some things can go extremely 180 degrees from what you plan it to be. I'd like to share with you the bizarre incidents or stories in my life.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Death of a Blender

Never would I admit that my life evolves around a blender until the painful discovery yesterday morning when it phenomenally died.
For two months the plastic jug has been having some big cracks around it, but I continued to abuse it every morning when I make my breakfast smoothies, also when I use it as a food processor to grate some cheese, chop some carrots and grind some spices. That blender is some kick-ass blender, it has multi-speed selection. It was also a housewarming present from a dear friend when I just moved into the yellow apartment.
That fateful morning as I poured in some milk, coffee, and ice cubes, I remembered thinking that the cracks seemed longer and bigger than they were last week -- but hey, since it seemed to be working fine, I continued on making my frappuccino. Then after 5 seconds, I heard a loud noise... BANG! followed by a tiny firework on my kitchen cabinet, and then... a really strong burnt smell. It's official... my blender is dead.

All day today, I kept on thinking about my blender, how I was planning to use it to make some Gazpacho soup and yet another Summer smoothies tonight, but I can't (!!) because the beloved blender is dead.
I just realized that my little life will be very different, lots of hassle and bottom line inconvenient -- without a blender. It's pathetic, but I'm utterly dependent on my blender. As a conclusion... machines do die. They are not meant to last forever, especially a blender with a plastic jug, they crack easily, therefore they leak, thus the leak got into the ventilator and ruined the machine. WHAM! A firework.... not a welcomed one at that.

Much as I want to be faithful to my old dead blender, I can't live without one..... so tonight, of I go, there will be an important blender purchase happening at Yodobashi Kamera in Shinjuku.

Farewell, my old Blender Friend...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home